Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Kind of Books For 2022

 3rd page of 2022

Sunday, January 9th 2022

My interest just shifting, right now I'm into visual design- the simpler things that can amused me. At least for this first month of the year. Kinda focused my intention on graphic design again, to government's communication through documentation and publication.  How to sharpens my words, how to communicate the message to civilians.  Because sometimes, there is a loophole that would hit us backward.  I learnt it the hard way in my new job.  That as a government's side, you could be transparent, but you cannot assume that all the netizen or people would understand your points.  You dont need to tell all the stories because sometimes people just capture it the way they like it. Thats why the message, the visual, the point we share for the publication must be on point, or at least, minimize the risk while hoping people would get our good intentions. 

I think that is the biggest problem we faced in this era.  The society 5.0 that would benefit, or trapped us into the logical fallacy.  The power of mass, the power of people who could stirred the content to all possible directions, and with the fast connection and access from our phone, we could trapped, too.

Anyway, nowadays I googling my interest and find the greatest book (judged by its cover and it quotes first) and then just read it at my laptop.  I find my self cant stop looking and surfing around in the internet even when I tired from works.  I think I must push my self more to write, because i read something, i experience something in my life, every day, and I think its kinda waste if i miss the moment.  Before this I just read poetry that I think the best way possible to capturing my day.  But nowadays I just lose the sparks, lose the worlds, and maybe I should try to story telling, sometimes the analogy in poetry exhaust me.  

But then I read this book, and it gives me tingling that I dont experience long ago. I remember how the first poetry that just enlight me, like gives me water on my thirst minds, beautiful and moved me in some way. 

And this is the book :  The Strength in Our Scars By Bianca Sparacino.



The simple thing- the clear head.  Recently there is so much going on in my head, to crowded and then I dont know what to do anymore. Thats when I start to see some distractions: to see more insteresting book that have a good visual.  Just a random googling and my eyes highlighted the simple yet so enchanting book: 


Work Hard & Be Nice To People - Anthony Burrill.

At first I think its kinda cliche book about self development that get lost at graphic design theme, but then I read the book and kinda finish it quickly, its really good visual, and unique. Simple yet moved me too.  This book taught me that sometimes the message is already clear but people like to complicate things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment